Dear Coppermine Members and Guests,
Following Governor Hogan’s announcement today, we must close our facility effective immediately, March 16, 2020.
ALL Coppermine Racquet & Fitness CLASSES, CLINICS, LESSONS and TRAINING ARE SUSPENDED TEMPORARILY. THERE WILL BE NO ACCESS TO THE GYM until the government gives us the authority to re-open.
While we plan to be back on the field, in the gym, and on the court soon, our team remains committed to ensuring it is safe to do so. We greatly appreciate your flexibility, understanding, and support during this time. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates to our families as we learn more.
Be safe and stay well.
Your Coppermine Team
Originally Published March 15, 2020
Dear Members and Guests,
In this everchanging climate we have a few updates to our message you received earlier today.
Our Coppermine Team takes the health and safety of our members and employees very seriously. We believe that exercise is critical for your mental health, which also feeds your physical health by reducing stress and strengthening your immune system. We are doing everything in our power to remain open and to keep our clubs a clean safe environment.
We have increased our maintenance hours and our team is now disinfecting all hard surfaces a minimum of every 2 hours. Our cleanliness policies and procedures follow and support the Coronavirus Preparedness Plan.
Beginning today, Monday March 16th, the following protocols will also be implemented:
Effective immediately until further notice, ALL CHILDRENS ACTIVITIES AND KID ZONE ARE SUSPENDED.
ALL YOUTH FITNESS CLASSES AND LESSONS ARE CANCELLED.
ALL GROUP FITNESS CLASSES – Please check our APP or call the club for the most up to date information on adult classes as some have been cancelled. Group Fitness classes at the Pikesville location are Cancelled. The group fitness classes at the Bare Hills location will be reduced in size by 50% to provide adequate spacing and to follow the recommended CDC suggestions. Due to the reduced class size, some classes may fill up, so we strongly suggest that you arrive 20 minutes early to reserve your spot at the Service Desk.
EXERCISE EQUIPMENT – All members and guests should be wiping down all of the equipment before and after use. This includes, but not limited to, all equipment in the Weight Room, Cardio Area, Group Fitness, CrossFit, Gravity, Boot Camp and RSPT areas.
CARDIO EQUIPMENT – In order to protect the health and safety of our members, we ask that you do not use a piece of cardio equipment directly next to one that is in use. This will create space between members by eliminating the use of every other cardio machine in accordance with the CDC’s recommendations of social spacing.
MATS AND EQUIPMENT – All members must wipe down all mats and/or equipment before and after use. Members may also bring their own mats if they wish.
YOGA PROPS – Our Yoga classes will temporarily stop using soft yoga props such as blankets and straps and we will no longer be supplying yoga mats. Each person must bring their own. All members must wipe down the blocks before and after use, and our staff will also use our medical grade sanitizer on the blocks after each class. Members may bring their own personal props if they wish.
SPIN CLASSES – In order to protect the health and safety of our members and in support of the CDC’s social distancing recommendations, our cycle classes will be limited to half capacity and every other bike will be in use to provide space. All members and guests must ride with an empty bike between them.
STEAM ROOMS & SAUNAS – The Steam Rooms and/or Saunas at all locations will be temporarily closed until further notice.
SQUASH COURTS –
All Children’s Squash clinics, lesson and camps are cancelled until further notice. To keep the squash courts as clean and sanitized as possible, all members and guests must refrain from wiping and/or touching the walls with their hands, and they should have a towel with them to use as needed. All members, guests, and staff should also be using the supplied wipes and/or sanitizer on the door handles after every use.
All Children’s Tennis lessons, camps and clinics are cancelled until further notice.
All Adult programs remains as scheduled EXCEPT Lunch Leagues at both the Pikesville and Bare Hills locations which is cancelled.
We thank you for your ongoing support & understanding and for your help keeping our Coppermine Clubs a clean & safe environment.
Your Coppermine Team
P.S. We will do our best to supply hand sanitizer and we also ask that you wash your hands with soap and water when you arrive and before you leave. This is the most effective way to prevent the transmission of germs according to the CDC. For more information regarding COVID-19 disease prevention and health promotion, please refer to the CDC recommendations.
Originally Published March 13, 2020
Dear Coppermine Parents & Families,
After the address from Governor Hogan and his professional team regarding state mandates, along with the President’s afternoon address today, Coppermine has implemented the procedures and protocols listed below for our staff, families and customers. As we navigate through each day and as new information is shared, our processes and procedures will be fluid in order to be proactive and take action accordingly. The health and safety of our customers is paramount, and we will continue to update you as we learn more.
After the Governor’s most recent address that “daily life as we know it, should not come to a halt” and “businesses that are essential to society and community should remain open” we realize many families will be facing challenging child care situations due to the school closures across the state. All Coppermine facilities will remain open and operational to assist those families who have reached out and need our continued help and support. We are taking the recommended and appropriate measures to follow the state guidelines and will be implementing new protocols and procedures for our staff and customers.
We have outlined below the overall protocols we have implemented at each location and/or by activity.
(All Locations including Fitness Clubs)
- All Coppermine locations will remain open with normal hours of operation. We have stepped up our efforts and diligence with cleaning and disinfecting with particular attention to hard surfaces, door handles, railings and all equipment.
- Each health club location is equipped with disinfectant wipes; please use these before and after gym and equipment use.
- For the next 30 days, no out-of-state guests are allowed to visit any location.
- All customers that show signs of illness, please do not visit any Coppermine location (Please see COVID 19 Symptoms listed at the bottom of this email).
- All buildings will have front doors open in order to eliminate contact in high traffic areas.
- We will continue our rigorous cleaning protocols. We use products that meet the CDC recommended guidelines for sanitation.
- Hand Sanitizer stations and disposable disinfectant cleaning wipes are readily accessible throughout each location.
- We have reviewed cleaning protocols with staff. Our Group Fitness instructors are given time before and after classes to wipe equipment down.
- Our front desk staff is routinely disinfecting every couple of hours.
- We have added extra help to our Maintenance and Housekeeping team to meet this cleaning regimen.
- We are ensuring our Employees have the information they need to stay healthy, and Employees not feeling well are being asked to stay home and self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Employees who have traveled out of town will need to wait a period of 14 days before they return to work.
- Members who have traveled out of state must wait a period of 14 days before coming to the club.
- All children and all guests should wash their hands before touching anything, frequently and again before leaving.
- If you have been in direct contact with someone who tested presumptive positive, please follow the CDC guidelines and refrain from visiting any Coppermine facility until the designated time period has passed.
- If you have traveled internationally in the last few weeks to one of the countries with Level II or Level III warnings, please follow the guidelines provided by the CDC; countries with travel alerts are located here.
- Please see COVID 19 symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
(Coppermine Soccer Club / Coppermine Lacrosse Club / Coppermine Gymnastics Club)
- We are taking the upcoming week off to evaluate new practice times to limit the number of participants per field or location and we will communicate this through a separate email as to when play will resume.
- Protocols for practices and training will be the following:
- All participants must come with their own labeled water bottles
- All bags and equipment will be placed with distance between each participant
- No high fives, group cheers, or long lines.
- Coaches will not have group huddles or group talks and keep players in smaller groups
- Participants who have traveled out of state must wait a period of 14 days before coming to training
- We request that all parents drop their children off and remain in their cars until training is over to encourage social distancing
SCHOOLS OUT CAMPS / SPRING CAMPS
- All camps are running as normal to meet the requests for working parents that need child care
- All Campers must bring shelf stable lunches in labeled bags inside of labeled back packs
- All Campers must have labeled drinking bottles that are accessible throughout the day
- Campers will be required to wash their hands frequently throughout the day.
- Campers who have traveled out of state must wait a period of 14 days before coming to camp
- No high fives, group cheers or long lines in camp are allowed
REGULAR CLASSES / CLINICS / BIRTHDAY PARTIES
(Dance / Soccer / Lacrosse / NFL Flag / Tennis / Baseball / Gymnastics / Birthday Parties / etc)
- All programs are running as normal.
- All participants must have labeled drinking bottles that are accessible throughout the class.
- Participants will be required to wash their hands upon entering the building.
- Participants who have traveled out of state must wait a period of 14 days before coming to class.
- All Parents with children over the age of 7 are encouraged to wait in their cars during classes to encourage social distancing.
- No high fives, group cheers or long lines in classes are allowed.
- Updated curriculum.
- All toys will be removed from the parent waiting areas until further notice.
- We ask that any employee, customer, or vendor to please avoid Coppermine programs and locations if experiencing any of the COVID 19 symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html